The GOODS-1 is a versatile high performance RTM Fin featuring a new Composite Core (CC) developed for two of the most dynamic surfers in the world; CJ and Damien Hobgood.
Features and Performance
- Based on the FCS G-5 template with a slightly modified foil and outline through the tip.
- Versatile template offers a very even blend of drive, hold, maneuverability and speed and can be used in a variety of conditions and board sizes.
- A slightly thicker foil through the tip enhances foil efficiency and gives the fin unique flex properties comparable to a traditional Performance Glass (PG) fin.
The flat-sided foil maintains a consistent feel over a wide variety of conditions.
- Designed primarily for fast, radical, performance surfing.
- Suit surfers of average weight or heavier surfers looking for a more radical feel.
'Composite Core' Construction
The GOODS-1 is the first FCS fin to feature the new 'Composite Core' (CC). A moulded core is inserted into the Resin Transfer Moulding (RTM) tool, which is then compressed between layers of 6oz Fibreglass and polyester resin. This process guarantees precision and accuracy and gives the GOODS-1 the flex properties of a traditional glass fin while significantly reducing weight by using less glass. This weight reduction also allows the freedom to increase the thickness / cord ratio, effectively enhancing the efficiency of the foil, especially at low speeds.
Base: 111mm, 4.37"
Depth: 115mm, 4.55"
Area: 9449, 16.65"
NOTE: This fin can be found under the FCS/Performance Core category on this site.